post-ironic quotation marks

Slightly neurotic (but cute!) singleton looking for adventure, finical stability, and some delusion of meaning. With much thought in the topic of sincerity and the occasional film review.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Just to make my life easier: the bookstore I visited in Paris was not the Avenue Victor Hugo, that closed in Boston two years ago (sadly, it was my favourite bookstore ever). The one that I visited was the famous Shakespeare and Company. Although the books are a bit pricy (9 euros for a Jane Austen paperback, when it was 4.99 GBP seems a bit excessive), it is a lovely little store with a second/first floor that encourages people to just sit and read. Oh and a cat, which sleeps on the books. I have pictures of the cat. Quite a few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home