post-ironic quotation marks

Slightly neurotic (but cute!) singleton looking for adventure, finical stability, and some delusion of meaning. With much thought in the topic of sincerity and the occasional film review.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Putting my close reading skills to work

::shhhhh::

I'm using one of my flatmate's computers. Blogger's in portugues....

weird.




I have NEVER encountered such a spineless person. Okay, not spineless per se (actually, maybe spineless?), but the game of meeting ping pong is getting out of hand. I keep asking for feedback, and I get a whatever response. For instance

I Think throwing darts at the dart board will be the best method. However,
if you don't want me to see your photos or get a drink we don't have to meet,
but that is your call.



As I'm not being fair, let me put this into some context, before I had asked if he had really wanted to bother since he wasn't being very helpful with the whole planning, and I was going to have throw out dates without knowing his schedule.

I can read it two ways: the first being a negative response, and the second being a little note of encouragement.It's the "or" that makes me read more than I probably should, because the original invitation was simply look at photos. Now, not only is it "see your photos and get a drink"but "see your photos or get a drink."

So, it's not exactly "he's just not that into you" but it's not exactly ''he's not into you at all'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home